
Well, this confirms it. I need to fly more. Or at the very least, invest in a polyurethane orb of my own.
Despite the kooky cover art, this a spectacular lp. Landing somewhere between r&b and jazz, vibraphonist Dave Pike and a crack team of musicians (including a rare outing by Herbie Hancock on keys) tear through eight tracks of mid-1960s bliss.
The thing that stands out most is the bass production. It's fuzzy, warm and crisp - all at the same time. Especially on 'Sweet Tater' Pie'. If I were to ever go about constructing some sort of sonic-utopia, perhaps using one of those orbs, this is how bass would be engineered.
[Tracklist]
1. Blind Man, Blind Man
2. Jet Set
3. Sunny
4. When I'm Gone
5. You've Got Your Troubles
6. Sweet 'Tater Pie
7. Just Say Goodbye
8. Devilette
DOWNLOAD IT: HERE
No comments:
Post a Comment