
If you're one of those misguided souls that thought "shout-outs" were invented by hip-hop, get with the program. And rid yourself of those stupid white sneakers too.
This 1967 rendition of Ben E. King's "Stand By Me" isn't just a fine cover, but a 6 minute crash course on mid 1960s R&B. Half way through the track Spyder seamlessly takes on the persona's of a who's-who's of soul singers. Sam Cooke. Jackie Wilson. Smokey Robinson. Eddie Kendricks. And with an incredibly awesome and punchy burst of horns, James Brown.
It should be enough to make your feet tap. But so help me if they're wearing white sneakers.
DOWNLOAD IT: HERE
3 comments:
Refreshments at long last! And a good up at that.
I kind of like the solo track idea. Easier to manage and quickly digest. If you could find some way to integrate them into the post....
I'll probably do a mix of solo tracks and albums. Without unexplained two-month sabbaticals.
That being said, I'd feel morally irresponsible if I didn't aggressively advocate listening to entire albums. After all, I have standards.
It's good to know your standards haven't dropped back down to "hot mountain brew" levels again...
Post a Comment